AWARDS AND PRAISE
1) Alex Leo named Forbes 30 Under 30 in Media
2) “Writer Alex Leo has nimbly detected the fact that it’s not just the New York Post; and Huffington Post that have headlines you can call from a mile away. The New York Times is equally as guilty.” — Mediabistro
3) “Because of Nora Ephron, yes, there is the Nora Ephron problem, but there are also dozens of frank, funny, unapologetic women writers such as Alex Leo and Alyssa Rosenberg and Emily Yoffe, living by Ephron’s immortal comment, passed down by her parents, that no matter what happens in life, ‘it’s all material.’” — Columbia Journalism Review
4) “In an essay on The Huffington Post, writer Alex Leo notes that while this was a big year for women — the first serious female presidential candidate, the first predominately female state senate, the first female Top Chef — the advertising world has a lot of catching up to do. Ms. Leo names the five sexist trends in ads that just won’t die” — Jezebel
5) “Great interview with Trey Parker and Matt Stone in Huffington Post about the politics of ‘South Park.’” — The Hollywood Reporter
9) ”As Alex Leo writes so beautifully at Jezebel:
"Huh. What we gather here is that ABC, which is the home of new femme-sploitation shows Pan Am and Charlie’s Angels, seems to think that hazelnuts were invented by women to castrate dudes."